New Economy provides economic intelligence and evidence to inform the development of policy to support Greater Manchester’s economy, working in partnership with local authorities and a range of public and private sector partners.
- Key Facts: a socio-economic snapshot of Greater Manchester.
- Greater Manchester Forecasting Model : robust information on the current and future performance of the economy.
- Integrated Greater Manchester Assessment: an evidence base setting out Greater Manchester’s needs in terms of health, crime & policing, economy, planning & housing, environment and transport.
- Local Authority Intelligence: detailed information on the ten local authorities in Greater Manchester.
- Census Hub: all matters relating to the 2011 UK Census, including relevant information on earlier records and future plans for the Census.
- Greater Manchester Business Survey: a major survey of 2,500 firms to analyse key issues affecting companies in the conurbation (published 2013).
- Skills and Employment Intelligence: supporting efforts to raise the skills profile of Greater Manchester through the provision of data and intelligence to the Skills and Employment Partnership.
- Manchester Independent Economic Review: consisting of a commission of prominent economists and business leaders, supported by a Policy Advisory Group and Secretariat, with responsibility for commissioning high quality evidence-based research to inform decision-makers in Manchester.
- Other publications: other research undertaken by New Economy.
For more information, please email Richard Cook or call 0161 237 4024.