As part of our Devolution agreement Greater Manchester received control of the Apprenticeship Grant for Employers (AGE). In December 2015 the Government published English Apprenticeships: Our 2020 Vision, in which it was confirmed that the national AGE will continue to the end of the 2016/17 academic year, providing transitional support until funding reforms, including the Apprentice Levy and the Digital Apprenticeship Service, are in place. It has now been confirmed the devolved GM AGE will continue during the same period.
We can now confirm that GM AGE will continue to be available until 31 July 2017 as outlined below, subject to funding availability and on a 'first come, first served' basis.
Up to three GM AGE grants of £1,500 are available to any employer meeting the eligibility criteria.
The model also includes additional incentive payments to encourage:
- Progressing a young person from a completed Traineeship to an Apprenticeship – £1,000 additional employer incentive.
- Employing a Higher Apprenticeship – £1,000 additional employer incentive.
- Support to providers supporting Trailblazer Standard – £1,000 provider incentive.
The criteria and model for GM AGE in 2016/17 remain as follows:
- The apprentice workplace is in GM.
- The company has fewer than 250 employees.
- If the company has previously employed an apprentice, it is more than 12 months since their last apprentice completed their programme, unless the apprentice is progressing from an Advanced to Higher Apprenticeship.
- The Apprentice is between the ages of 16 and 24.
Updated Employer Agreements will be required to reflect the extension of the scheme and are available to download on this page.
Providers wishing to access GM AGE on behalf of employers should register their interest by emailing GMAGE@neweconomymanchester.com and the GM AGE team will contact you regarding the sign up process.
Providers must indicate AGE on the ILR using LDM code 349, to enable them to access GM AGE.
For direct enquiries please contact the GM AGE team via email at GMAGE@neweconomymanchester.com