The Greater Manchester (GM) Planning and Housing team help drive forward and support efforts to deliver GM’s growth ambitions by:
- Setting the strategic direction for planning and housing policy across GM:
- Delivering technical support on strategic planning, housing and infrastructure issues to GM key stakeholders.
- Identifying the GM planning and housing research priorities, many of which are delivered by New Economy.
- Commissioning bespoke projects to ensure that our GM policy approach is built on sound evidence and expert advice.
- Coordinating responses to consultations to ensure GM’s voice is represented at national level.
- Supporting and enabling co-operation on strategic priorities and engagement with Government Departments and delivery bodies such as the Homes and Communities Agency and Environment Agency.
- Assisting individual authorities in discharging the Duty to Cooperate; the City Deal and consequent Housing Investment Board and the establishment of the Flood and Water Management Board present significant new opportunities for enhanced GM-level co-operation.
*Coordination of housing programmes such as Affordable Homes Programme, Empty Homes and homelessness prevention with district and wider delivery partners.
The team delivers technical support on planning and housing issues to the:
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- GM districts (10 local authorities)
- Planning and Housing Commission
- Local Enterprise Partnership
- Low Carbon Hub
- Housing Investment Board
- Flood and Water Management Board.
Our priorities include:
- Town centres
- Land supply
Please click here for more information provided by AGMA.