Erasmus+ will launch its 2017 call for proposals this autumn. The calls are open to UK organisations as normal. Erasmus+ provides funding for skill development and training across all levels of education – higher education, further education, adult education, schools and youth activities.
With a budget of €14.5bn, Erasmus+ aims to boost skills and employability as well as to modernise education, training, and youth work. Most of the budget is allocated to mobility actions, for both students and educational staff, but there are also opportunities to support new innovative actions such as new training or educational models, and also skills and knowledge alliances where businesses and educational institutions come together to work on a joint vision for a particular sectors.
Erasmus+ also offers opportunities for young people and those working within the youth sector through the Youth in Action Programme, and for sport projects looking at social inclusion, and the promotion of sports and physical activity.
On 6 October New Economy will be hosting a morning session on Erasmus+. For more info about the event please email María González.
Erasmus+ in Summary:
Key Action 1 (KA1) — Learning mobility of individuals
- Mobility of individuals in the field of education, training and youth
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees
- Large Scale European Voluntary Service Events
Key Action 2 (KA2) — Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
- Strategic partnerships in the field of education, training and youth
- Knowledge Alliances
- Sector Skills Alliances
- Capacity building in the field of higher education
- Capacity building in the field of youth
Key Action 3 (KA3) — Support for policy reform
- Structured Dialogue: Meetings between young people and decision-makers in the field of youth
Jean Monnet activities
- Jean Monnet Chairs
- Jean Monnet Modules
- Jean Monnet Centres of Excellence
- Jean Monnet Support to Institutions and Associations
- Jean Monnet Networks
- Jean Monnet Projects
- Collaborative partnerships in the sport field
- Not-for-profit European sport events
Transnational partners are always required for any Erasmus+ project.